1 ea thick slice challah bread-cut with a large ring mold
1 cup picked baby spinach
1 cup picked mache
10 slices of bacon
1 ea large lobster tail (new Zealand or florida) cut in ½
1 ea whole egg-poached
1 ea egg yolk
2 oz pinot grigio vinegar, reduced by ¼ and cooled
4 white peppercorns
¾ lbs salted butter, clarified
¼ cup chopped chives
- In a food processor, put egg yolks and reduction in.
- Add salt to taste, slowly drizzle clarified butter until thick. Loosen with water (warm) if needed. Set aside at room temperature.
- Season lobster tails and grill on both sides. Remove from shell and slice lengthwise ½ an inch thick.
- Toast challah in a pan with butter and oil until golden.
- Lightly sauté spinach and mache, season and set aside.
- Lay bacon flat on a silpat overlapping place another sheet pan on top and weigh it down with anything oven proof. Bake at 375 degrees until crispy then allow to cool
- Punch out bacon with ring mold to fit the bread
- Cut 1 long perfect strip or triangle for garnish.
- Using the mold, fill it over the toast first bacon circle with 1 layer of lobster, then greens. Make a small hole in the center of the greens. Place the warm poached egg in the hole. Top with hollandaise and chives. Lay bacon strip (or triangle) across the top.