¼ cup butter
1, 5oz ribeye
1 cup leeks, sliced into half rings
Leeks, julienned for garnish
1 lb fingerling potatoes (1/2” slices, rounds)
¼ lb red beets, roasted at 375 degrees until tender
1 T sugar
1 tsp water
TT salt and pepper
As needed oil
- Toss potatoes in oil, salt and pepper and roast at 375 degrees until tender.
- Roast and peel beats. Puree in vita prep until smooth.
- Add a bit of water if necessary
- Heat sugar and water until lightly golden brown
- Then add 1 T of butter and remove from heat, add salt and beef puree. Set aside at room temperature
- In another pan, heat butter until golden. Add leeks, salt and pepper. Once caramelized, add potatoes and remove from heat.
- In another pan, heat butter and oil until almost smoking. Season ribeye with salt and pepper. Sear until dark golden on all sides to medium rare and let rest
- Fry garnish leeks at 350 degrees until crispy
- Place potatoes/leeks on bottom of the plate. Slice steak against the grain on a bias. Place slices over the potatoes. Drizzle caramel sauce around the plate and top with crispy leeks.